Home Forums Technical Support Metal Finishing Norton A275OP sandpaper

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi All. I’m having a bit of trouble finding the 3M open coat sandpaper so have been using Norton A275 OP in different grits. My question is whether this is an open coat. I’ve looked in the Norton spec information and can’t really find info. Last few things I sanded seem to plug the paper rather quickly.

Thanks

Marty FeehanMarty57

Hi Harold,
    Any of the open coat sand papers will do just fine; should say open coat on the back. I use 400 wet/dry for a lot of my sanding simply because I have a lot on hand (sand dry on all EkoFill or RkoPrime). Stick with the 320 or 400 rather than other grits for EkoFill. If your paper still is loading up, when did you shoot the EkoFill? It can take a couple days if high humidity., if it stands off in little balls rather than more of a dust it’s too wet to sand. Remember, EkoFill can pick up humidity from the air and seem dry after shooting but next morning it’s too wet to sand.
    Marty

HAROLD LINEHAROLD LINE
    Participant

Thanks for the info Marty. I guess my question is whether this Norton A275 is indeed an open coat? I can’t really find any info on the company spec sheet that confirms or denies it.

Thanks
    Harold

Marty FeehanMarty57

The Norton the 275 OP is an open coat sand paper. I used lots of Norton sand paper as a woodworking teacher over the years. If you use there 320 grit you should be fine. We stock a 320 grit open coat for those that can’t find it locally. I use Norton’s 400 wet/dry for a lot of my sanding; I have many sheets from my teaching days. If using wet/dry, always sand EkoFill dry.
    Marty

HAROLD LINEHAROLD LINE
    Participant

Great. Thanks Marty.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.