Home Forums Paint Application Top Coat Osmotic Bubbles

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I have built and finished a Challenger II and the airplane has been flying since July. I used the SS for all the fabric work and the paint is EKO poly. While I am a great fan of the covering system, I was struggling with the top coat, and spent many hours on the paint job. Although the final result was very nice, it was a bear of a job to get there. However, now my frustration level is going vertical, since I have a bad case of osmotic bubbles that developed. It started very small, on one fibreglass wing tip, but now that the rains have started, it has spread to all fibreglass surfaces (both wing tips and the nose). I have read the recent newsletter, where the osmotic bubbles are mentioned, but I’m not clear as to the solution. Will the bubbles disappear once it dries out? Does the surface need to be repainted? (a prospect that I would want to avoid at all costs). If the bubbles disappear, can there be sealer applied to avoid future recurrence? Any thoughts and ideas are appreciated.
    I will be bringing the airplane home this week end, and it will be stored dry for the winter.
    Thank you.
    Martin Kluftinger
    Pemberton, BC

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.